Tuesday, May 02, 2006

So, the year is finally starting to come to an end. Who would have thought that it would have flown by so quickly, especially when it was a shit of a year...well at least for me it was. But, at least I know that it's almost over and summer is just around the corner. I would have never thought that I would have made it through the year, especially considering how it all started. Let's recap real quick:

It was my first year in college without my sister here, or even in the states. She was traveling abroad from August until middle of November so I couldn't even talk to her really. It was my first year playing a college sport. I don't really have any comment there besides it kicked my ass and taught me how to manage my time much better! So that was good I suppose. Two of my family members passed away within a couple of weeks from one another and I got into one of the most terrible car accidents I have ever been in. So, what now? Well, let's think. I survived field hockey and the car accident. My sister is now back in the states, which is definitely much more comforting for me considering I can barely go a day without talking to her. And, though my family members have passed, they are now in a better place and our relationship has just developed on a more spiritual level...and that's is fine with me as long as I can lay down at night and know they are not suffering.
I have made new friends, ones which I have no idea how I did not have last year, but am so incredibly thankful I have had this year and look forward to living it up with them in the years to come. I ended a relationship early on this year and though it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through, and it was a friend who someday, I hope to get back, I have gained one of the best boyfriends I have ever had and couldn't be happier.
I can honestly say, though one of the hardest years, emotionally and physically...it's been worth it in the end and I couldn't be happier leaving it the way it is!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home